Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Rex - A3583328

My name is Rex. I am a four year old male and the Carson shelter thinks I am a Lab Shepherd mix. For now I live in Cage 244. I am known as one of the quiet dogs here.

Susan the Dog Lady thinks I am a dead ringer for Mandy, and I think she is right! We are not siblings though.



Like she does with all the other dogs, Susan is starting me off with sit and stay. She does not like it when we rush the cage doors. Like the other volunteers she thinks that I am a pretty nice dog.



Susan the Dog Lady took me out back today where we played with squeaky toys. I almost never get a chance to play. I was so happy to be able to play with the green dinosaur toy that I started growling when she pressed another squeaky toy against my muzzle while I still was chewing on the green dinosaur. She didn't try to take the green dinosaur away from me, and I didn't try to bite her. But later she marked down on my card that I am squeaky toy aggressive. It's not a major problem, as long as you are aware of it. I just need to be taught it's not OK to growl or be threatening while playing. And to teach me that, I need lots of walking, lots of exercise, and lots of meaningful play time!